Sunday, March 22, 2009

Hand Knitted Socks

My daughter knitted a pair of beautiful maroon socks. They were too big for her, so she mailed them to me. I tried them on tonight and took this picture. The color is not right in the picture, they are maroon, not bright red!! I'll have to admit they are too loose on me too. I don't know how that would work with shoes on. They ARE beautiful though. Sandy is a wonderful knitter. She may want to find someone who has bigger feet than her mother though! lol.
My yard of weeds is being worked on. Joe, the gardener has been here two Saturdays so far, working about 3 hours each time. He thinks next Saturday might be the end of the weeds. I don't know, there is still a lot of them left. I am thinking of having some lawn planted, that might be an easier way to keep the weeds down. I'd have to buy a mower for that small patch. Probably an electric one, it would be less bother than a gas one that might be hard to start.
The White Iris has a large bud on it, so the Iris season is beginning. I hope all the new ones bloom, can't wait to see how beautiful they all are.
At the genealogy meeting yesterday, my replacement for editor of the newsletter was there with his laptop computer, updating the next newsletter on the spot!! I thought, wow, he is the perfect person to do the newsletter. I am so happy that I won't have to worry about it anymore.
Now I can concentrate on the next history book of Winton and being editor of the Winton newsletter and collecting recipes for the Winton Centennial Cookbook.
Not to mention the house and yard; both need LOTS of attention.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look great on you! Wear them around the house if they won't be comfortable in shoes. :-)