Friday, October 30, 2009

Big Shopping Day

I had a big shopping day at Costco today. First there was the appointment at the Hearing Center. That took about an hour and a half by the time she checked my hearing in both ears, programed a hearing aid for my particular needs and all the other details.

I ordered the "open" type where most of the hearing aid is behind the ear. It's so small and light-weight that I forgot I had it on. That's a very positive thing. I was sure the other type would be hard to get used to. So, now I wait a few days for the hearing aid to come in.

I only ordered one and I'm hoping that will be enough. Really can't afford two. Neither Medicare or the Blue Cross insurance program that I have cover hearing aids.
They don't cover eye glasses either, but I ordered two pair today.

I got a new prescription from the doctor Tuesday. I haven't had new glasses for several years, so I am ready for new frames. I liked the ones I found at Costco. I hope I still like them when I can really see them on me. One pair is for the computer and reading.

So, I spent a lot of money today, but that's o.k., I'm worth it. (grin)

I hope everyone has their "Trick or Treat" candy ready for tomorrow night!

5 comments:

mandy said...

You are so worth it, grandma! :) Love the picture!

Lorraine said...

Thanks Mandy. I think the hearing aid will make a big difference. At least I hope so.
Love Ya.
Grandma

underdutchskies said...

I love your drunk pumpkins! Where did you take that photo?

Lorraine said...

Didn't I send you that Forward? I didn't take the picture. I sometimes save a picture from the forwards if they appeal to me.

Anonymous said...

Love that pumpkin!!
Does George Day still live out there in Winton?
-Heidicindy
heidicindy5@yahoo.com