Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Quiet Halloween

Here's a cute picture of the neighbor kids, a fireman and a fairy. I didn't get many trick or treaters tonight. I bought the large bag of candy at Costco with 150 pieces. First I picked out all the ones with peanuts to be sure I gave all those out. I like peanuts, but they make me very sick.
All the kids were very polite this year, better than usual. One trick or treater was kind of a big guy with a very scary mask. I almost didn't want to open the screen door. haha.
So, I have lots of candy left over.
Here's a picture of the kids' Mom. She was a Vampire. When my daughter was visiting, she bought some Reese's Peanut Butter cups to take back to the Netherlands. They don't really celebrate Halloween, but they do celebrate a holiday which involves children going out and ringing doorbells for sweets and little gifts sometime in November. It's a Sint Maarten celebration with children going out in the neighborhood in their regular clothes, not costumes asking for treats. My daughter said they don't have Reese's Peanut Butter candy there, so the kids will be in for a surprise at their house.
I love the Reese's candy, sure wish I could eat it, but it's not worth getting so terribly sick over it.
I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween.

No comments: