Friday, October 23, 2009

Playing Catch-up

It's been more than 3 weeks since my last post. What's happened since the Winton Old Timers? Well, for one thing,there was the George Dirks family reunion in Twain Harte. Everyone had a very nice time visiting with cousins and our aunt.
The time went by very quickly and too soon I noticed it was time to leave for home.
Twain Harte is a lovely place, but getting there and back was more tiring this year than last. I rested up all day Sunday. Maybe I'm getting too old to drive there and back. Too bad it's not here in Merced. (grin) The above picture taken at the reunion is of my sisters and myself. Thanks to cousin Jackie.
Jackie and her sisters displayed the family albums they made recently. They were very well done and everyone enjoyed looking at them.
We look forward to this family reunion every year. This year, unfortunately, two couples decided the trip would be too much for them and so wasn't able to attend.
I guess we are all getting older. sigh.
The next big event on my calendar was Mandy and John's wedding.

No comments: