Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Black & Blue Sage

Yesterday after our reflexology treatment in Turlock, my sister and I went to The Greenery. We've been going there each time we go to Turlock to look at their flower plants. Sometimes we don't buy anything, but this time I saw a one-gallon size of the Black and Blue Sage. I saw a large plant of it in bloom there months before, so even though this one was pruned down to the ground, I grabbed it up, knowing it will be beautiful next summer and fall. I stole the above picture somewhere on the Internet. Isn't the Internet great? You can find anything there!
In the spring I'm going to ask them to special order the Limerock Ruby Coreopsis for me. I can't find that red flowering plant anywhere. It will be another exciting spring with new Irises and other flowers in bloom. Sometimes I feel this place is too much for me (it is), but still I'd hate to leave. I feel comfortable in my own mess. (grin)
I told Miguel yesterday that my eyes always feel tired, even when I first wake up in the morning. I know I'm not sleepy, but I hate to open my eyes; just want to keep them closed. Well, Miguel found a lump just below my toes and worked it out. He said that lump caused a pressure behind my eye and now it was gone. Sure enough, I don't feel like I need to keep my eyes closed all the time. Great!! Sure is good to be rid of that.
Today was the Winton Historical Society meeting. I think this one sneaked up on some of our regulars. They didn't show up!! Collected a few more recipes though, so now we have 581. Not everyone has turned in their recipes yet, I hope they remember that December 31 is the deadline.
Sunday the Winton Volunteer Firemen are having a fund-raiser breakfast, from 7:00 a.m. until 12 noon at the Winton Hall. Some of our members will be there selling coffee mugs. Also, the VFW Auxiliary will be selling baked goods.
If you missed purchasing a "Memories of Winton 1911-1950" history book, they will be available there too.
Come by for a hearty breakfast and for a good cause. Proceeds from the breakfast will go towards equipment or maintenance needed by the Fire Department. Tickets, $6.00 for adults, $4.00 for children ages 6 to 12. Five and under eat free.

No comments: