Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Distant Cousins

Yesterday, my sister, Carolyn and I met with 3rd cousins, (once removed) at Brooks Ranch in Atwater for lunch. In the picture are Marv and Ruthann Dirks from Kansas. They were in California to visit his brother in the Bay Area and first cousins, (once removed) Mark Dirks and his sister Eloise from Turlock.
The six of us had a very enjoyable 2 hour visit. Ruthann and I have exchanged Dirks information over the years, but this was the first time we met face to face.
Carolyn and I have known Mark for years, but never met his sister before. Years ago, Mark and I exchanged lots of genealogy, not just our own families, but other Mennonite families as well. That was back when I was trying to connect all the Mennonite families who lived in Winton. I think I almost did it. LOL.
I meant to take a picture of Mark and Eloise, but they were not sitting together and so, unfortunately, I forgot.
Thanks for lunch, Marv, it was a very nice afternoon. The two hours passed too quickly.

No comments: