Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Iris Blooms

This is a new one for me, Ozark Rebounder, it looks blacker than it does in the picture. Just beautiful, looked like black velvet yesterday. This one came from Superstition Iris Garden in Cathey's Valley.
Splashacata is another one from Cathey's Valley and is also new to me. I love the speckled coloring. I've had a lot of problems with snails again this year and besides that, it looked like something was turning some of the leaves brown. "Abby and Me" and "Apricot Frosty" have bloomed, but the flowers are a little deformed. So disappointing, I've been waiting to see those. They didn't bloom last year. I hope to eliminate the problem soon so I can see how beautiful they are. So many Irises are beginning to bloom now and that's pretty exciting.
I lost my original "Gypsy Woman" Iris, so I was very happy to find a replacement at His Iris Garden in Merced. It looks so dainty and beautiful with the yellow Standard and the white with pink edge Falls.
I always hate to lose a flower that I really like. It's like losing an old friend.
I've been thinking for some time that I would like to move to Atwater and be closer to my sisters. But. . . it's also hard to leave my home in Merced and my yard that is too big. I still like having the room for fruit trees and plants that strike my fancy. Nothing is ever finished. But that's the way I like it. It doesn't get boring then. There's always a place to dig. Maggie the cat loves it here too. She comes and goes as she pleases through her cat doors. She still loves her cat tree and is on it several times a day to take a nap or to check out the back yard from her high perch.
Yes, Spring is wonderful. Just wish I had a new knee.

No comments: