Saturday, April 17, 2010

Plants 'N Things

The six little tomato plants made it through the 2 day storm just fine. We did get a lot of rain, about 1.27 inches. I was concerned about the little plants, but it wasn't a hard rain, just steady.
The snails haven't found them yet, but they are all over the Iris plants.
I got my "joint fluid therapy" type of shot in my knee last Wednesday. I was so eager to get it, I'm really tired of this bum knee. Today, Saturday, I can finally tell it is getting better, but the muscles around the knee are sure sore. The full benefit of the shot can take up to 3 weeks, so I am hoping to be pain free and walk without a cane or limping someday soon. As soon as I got the shot, it was painful to walk, I had my cane with me and I slowly hobbled to the car. I had planned to go to the grocery store afterwards, but no way. I just wanted to go home and get in the recliner. This fluid expands in the knee and is supposed to fill up all the "potholes" in the knee and lubricate the joints. I sure hope it works and I won't have to have a knee replacement.
Here's a picture of "Abbey and Me" a pretty yellow and white Iris. I bought it year before last in Cathey's Valley. It was my most expensive one, $9.00, but I had to have it. I see in this year's catalog that it is down to $6.00. Guess you have to be patient and wait a year or two. We saw a beautiful Iris in the field that year, so different from anything we had seen. I forgot the name of it, but it was $50.00. Last year it was down to $25.00. Wish I could think of the name. It had the truest dark red I've ever seen in an Iris, I think part of it was black. It was very striking. But, I don't have room for any more Irises anyway.

No comments: