Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Maggie

My Maggie is on her favorite perch (the 3rd level) of her cat tree. She is guarding her back yard from the safety of her cat tree inside the house. We get quite a few stray cats in the back yard and Maggie doesn't like it. She's not aggressive though; she's too afraid to fight, and I am happy for that. But, she's not afraid to get aggressive with me and I have the scars to prove it.

Yesterday, I managed to plant 6 tomato plants. Joe, the gardener was here early in the morning and got the ground ready. I'm glad to finally have those in the ground. I planted one Big Beef, two Better Boy and three Celebrity. Earlier I stuck 4 or 5 Early Girl in a very large pot. I plan to only leave one in there. They are so big now, I hope I can still transplant them. I have one Cherry Tomato next to the house. I really bought a lot of tomato plants this year. Guess I am determined to have fresh tomatoes all summer.
I went to my Orthopedic surgeon this week and let him know that the last cortisone shot didn't help my knee this time. He's going to try a different kind of shot. It used to be made out of rooster comb, but now they make it in a synthetic form. They had to order that medicine so it will probably take about 2 weeks to get it. In the meantime, I am trying to get by with my painful knee. I bought a cane today because I don't want the neighbors see me use my walker to walk to the mailbox. Guess I'm not ready to completely wreak my image. Probably in a day or two my knee will feel better and I won't need the cane or walker. Some days are better than others.
If this next shot doesn't help, the next step will be knee replacement surgery. I hear a lot of pros and cons about that.

No comments: