Tuesday, March 20, 2012

First Day of Spring

Today is the first day of spring. The sun is shining, but I think we are getting more rain this weekend. I know we need it, so I'm not complaining.
I have one Iris in bloom so far. It's the white one that I don't know the name of. It was always the first one to bloom, until one day Captain Hook bloomed really early.
I found large 6-packs of Gerbera daisies at Lowes recently. Need to get them planted soon.
The Atwater Methodist women are getting ready for an estate sale the last weekend of this month. I go there in the mornings to help, but I know I'm not as helpful as I could be. This is a new experience for me and don't always know what to do.
I felt so lucky to find a hardback book on Merced County history. I quickly snatched that up and an old measuring cup that I'm going to buy. The cup is going to be used to measure out fertilizer for my plants, so it's o.k. that it has a chip in the spout. There are a lot of other interesting things, but I don't have room for more stuff. Gotta get rid of a lot of stuff I already have.

No comments: