Monday, March 12, 2012

My Weekend

Mandy came down for a visit this weekend. She took me out to Nagame's Saturday night for dinner. She said it was a late birthday dinner. We had a good visit and the food was delicious as always. Taylor was our waitress. I saved a couple of newspapers with her picture plastered over the front page, which I meant to give her, but forgot them at home. Sorry. Next time.
I looked around and noticed that the customers were all eating with chopsticks. In fact it's rare to see anyone eating with a fork. Guess we're all loyal customers.
(I don't think you'd call us show-offs.)
Kathryn invited Mandy and I over Sunday for a late breakfast. Jack fixed crepes for us. He said it was his grandfather's recipe from the Old Country. I need to get his recipe!! They were delicious of course. Sharon made mimosas for us. So, we had a very nice breakfast and good conversation.
Later that day Mandy and I went to lunch at Josie's in Atwater. Even Josie was there. All the tables were full. As Fats Waller would say "The Joint was Jumpin'."

No comments: