Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Sunday

Happy Easter everyone! Today the sun is shining and it's a nice spring day. Went to church this morning. Had a few more people attend than usual. It was nice. My sister-in-law, her husband and daughter were visitors today along with Aunt Ernestine. She said the hour went fast, so I guess she wasn't bored. LOL. I didn't think she would be. Our pastor is a good speaker. We're talking about the Atwater United Methodist Church here.
The picture on the left was taken in the Fireside Room where we meet after church for coffee and munchies.
I took a few pictures of my flowers today. The lilac bush is doing so much better in the back yard. The spot where it was before has hardpan and lilacs need good drainage.
The name of the lilac is Sensation. It's just beginning to bloom. I'd like to have another lilac bush, but I'm running out of room.
Maybe I have too many Irises.
Not all of them are in bloom yet, just the early ones. Pictured is Purple Pepper.
Hello Darkness has quite a few buds on it; can't wait til they open up so I can get a good picture of it.
I still have the 15 Gerbera daisies to plant. Maybe tomorrow. I've been saying that for quite some time now. One of these days it's really going to happen.
I keep forgetting that I have a flat of flowering strawberries to plant around the mailbox also. There are lots of weeds to pull. (Or dig out with a shovel.) So much to do. Good thing I love being out in the yard. Don't like to work too hard though, just piddle around. Guess that's why it takes so long to get anything done. It's easier on my arthritis that way. My knee doctor said don't overdo; so I'm taking his advice.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely post. You sound just like my Mother! She has always loved her garden but after going to the Manhattan knee doctor she realized she has arthritis in her knees as well. She is doing the best she can to keep herself pain free while keeping her garden green. Thanks so much for your post.

Lorraine said...

I had one knee replacement. I can't get on my knees to pull weeds, but still it was well worth it. Now it's time to prune the roses. I only have 12 now, thank goodness.
Thanks for the nice comment.