Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's Spring Again

The hail storm we had recently left some of my plants looking sad. The rosebush in the foreground lost a lot of leaves, as did the fruit trees and other plants. They will survive though. You can see some of the Iris in bloom again in the background, just beyond my extra parking space. I still have a lot of weeds to get rid of and a few more plants to stick in the ground.
Here's a picture of the flowers at the end of the visitor parking space. The rosebush on the left is "Playboy" one of my favorites and the short red one is "Thrive." The tall poppies look red in the picture, but are actually a bright pink color. My neighbors say I am growing Opium, but I didn't plant them, they've been coming up volunteer. They don't last long, but are very pretty so I'm letting them grow.

No comments: