Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weather or Not

Atwater got more than its share of rain and hail on Thursday. It first started with the heavy rain, then turned into large chunks of ice. It just kept coming and coming. We had thunder and lightning. Poor Maggie the cat was frightened and didn't know what to do.
We die-hards went to Bingo anyway. It was only raining again by then.
Here's another picture of the hail in my yard.
The hail really did a number on my plants. The flowers are ripped to shreds; leaves and small fruit knocked off the little fruit trees. My tomato plants are just half the size that they were the day before.
I guess they will all survive. Sure hope that's the end of the hail storms, at least until next winter. You have to feel sorry for the farmers. Especially those growing strawberries.
Oh yeah, I finally did my income tax papers today. Since I have no deductions anymore, I thought I could quickly do it on paper. Guess I'm not smart enough for that. Decided I better use Turbo Tax. Too late to run around and see if the one I need is still in the stores, so I downloaded it and maybe saved a few dollars. No problem with the download, but couldn't install it because my Windows XP needed updating. I was beginning to get nervous! But finally got everything installed and went line by line in Turbo Tax just in case I needed to. It took ALL morning.
Bottom line is, I saved some money by using Turbo Tax. I hope I remember that next year and not wait until the last minute!!! LOL

No comments: