Thursday, June 7, 2012

Barbeque Steaks

Yesterday Sandy and Dol showed me how to barbeque steaks on the grill. It's not hard I guess, just have to remember a few things. Like wait until the coals cool down a little. I'll have to try that myself after they leave. Last summer I was wishing I had a grill, so bought recently so they could show me how it's done.
We had steak, corn-on-the-cob, the usual summer barbeque food. A very good dinner.
Today they went to Yosemite Valley. Sandy wanted to hike up to the falls. They haven't been there for about 10 years. It would have been a hard trip for me and because of that, probably not much fun.
My plan is to do some work in the yard. I'm glad it's not very hot today. Everything needs watering and it's going to take a while.
So many times while outside checking on plants, I find myself saying out loud, "oh, my gosh;" another flower plant came up that was growing in a totally different spot. Today it was the "Pin Cushion" flower that is growing in the side yard, came up in the back yard. I didn't know they would come up so easily from seed. Wow!! I would have over-looked it except it already had a little flower blooming.

No comments: