Friday, June 15, 2012

Settin' and Thinkin'

After doing some watering and a little weed pulling, I sat on the glidder for a short rest.
As I was sitting there, I thought; if I wanted to spend a lot of money, I could have all this lawn (read grass and weeds) dug up and sterilize the ground; hire a professional landscaper and plant lots of colorful flowers. Wouldn't that be fun? I'd need to have a drip system put in.
I'm sure that would run into a lot of money. More than I'd care to spend. But still, if the weeds could really be kept to a minimum, that would be fun. I know I'd really enjoy that.
I'm borrowing this picture that Sandy took of me deadheading the Gaillardias. That little rolling bench I'm sitting on sure comes in handy. Found it at OSH a couple of years ago. It's hard on the old back to stoop over for any length of time and prune off the dead flowers.
I caught Maggie relaxing on the top level of her cat tree today. That sure has been a good investment. She loves that tree and spends a lot of time on it. It's 5.5 feet tall and she likes the top two levels the most.

No comments: