Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Joys of Spring


When we had this house built in '95, my husband was adamant, he was NOT going to mow a lawn. We thought we would have a low-maintenance yard, so we put in ground cover and roses in the front yard.
The back yard is a mini orchard; no lawn there either. So, why is it so much work?

After several years, my husband finally admitted the yard is a full-time job.
People who come to the front door comment on how beautiful the yard is. It IS colorful, but already the roses need to be pruned to make way for the next wave of color. The first bloom is the prettiest.
The second picture shows that soon the cherries will be ripe, usually the end of May. The white tree rose is "Iceberg." I love this time of year. Just wish all the work was caught up. Today, Sunday is a big watering day. In the city limits,we can only water 3 days a week; before 11:00 a.m. and after 7:00 p.m. And that's all year long. Doesn't make much sense in the cool weather, but that's their rules.
Happy Spring Everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I need one of those Iceberg tree roses in the front of my new house! It's really pretty.