Monday, May 5, 2008

More on Reflexology

I should have listed Miguel Gallegos' address and phone number on my "Reflexology vs Romberg's Syndrome" post.
I did do a google search for his name to see how easily he could be found, but unless you add Turlock to your search, there are far too many hits. So ~ here is his address: 309 Lander Ave, Turlock, CA 95380; phone 209-669-3609.
Insurance companies don't recognize reflexologists, even though they will pay for chiropractors. I guess it's too hard to regulate. They seem to dump them in with massages. Miguel does NOT massage your feet, he gives you a treatment.
More on Romberg's Syndrome; it is a rare disease, you can read more about it by doing a google search. Usually it starts at an early age, up to the 20s. I was in my early 40s when I began having problems. At the Stanford Eye Clinic, the doctors had never seen anyone with it (at least at that time), but had read about it. One day when I was there, a doctor from New Zealand was visiting and since he had patients with Romberg's Syndrome, he was asked to examine me. He told me I had a mild case and not to do anything.
I have seen pictures of people with full-blown cases of Romberg's Syndrome and some of them really are heart-breaking. My local eye doctor refers to it as Hemifacial Atrophy, meaning half of the face is wasting away.
Now when I have reflexology treatments and Miguel is working on my feet, I can feel sensations in my face; my jaw, my forehead, my front lower gums, my face gets warm, etc. It's the improved circulation that I am feeling.
The person who told us about Miguel had a problem with his shoulder, his doctor wanted to operate, but Jack kept putting it off. He had a pickup with a manual shift and he finally had to sell it because he could no longer drive it. After having a reflexology treatment Jack went back to his MD. His blood pressure was lower and the doctor was quite impressed and asked how he did that. Jack told him about going to the reflexolgist. The doctor said, you're still going to have the shoulder operation, aren't you? Jack said I don't think I need to and raised his arm high in the air. The doctor could only exclaim, "This is a miracle."
A friend had a rash on his arm that he couldn't keep from scratching. His arm was always bloody and even though he wore long sleeves, you could still see it through his shirt. He went to all the experts, even to "the head doctor at UCSF" who looked at his arm and said he didn't know what it was. This was the same answer he got from all the other doctors. Then he says, "I went to this office in Turlock with a neon open sign in the window. Miguel took one look at my arm and said, it's your liver, it will start to go away after three treatments." And it did.
Moral of that story: Don't be overly impressed with a fancy office.

I have one more story that I've been a little reluctant to tell. I know there are a lot of skeptics out there. But I guess that's o.k.
A lady who had medical problems was examined by doctors in Stockton. They found she had a blockage and wanted to do the balloon treatment to resolve the problem. They wanted to set up an appointment right away, but the lady wanted to wait a week or so. She went to Miguel and he worked on her feet. It was painful, but well worth it. She called Miguel later and said the doctors gave her the test again before the procedure appointment and they were shocked that the blockage was gone. They kept asking her what did you do? The only thing she did was have a treatment at Miguel's.
Yes, I know that's a pretty heavy story and it would be hard for me to believe too, except for my own experience and what reflexology has done for me.
Reflexology is NOT a massage.
UPDATE: See what my sister wrote on January 20, 2009. She had a Blockage too and Miguel worked it out. She is the 4th person that Miguel was able to get rid of their blockage. Wow! I'm sure a believer now!

No comments: