Saturday, January 31, 2009

Family visit from Orland

Jill and Tim and the two younger grandkids came for a short visit on Jan. 24. They came to help me celebrate my birthday and also to attend Tim's Dad's birthday party.
We had a good visit and as they were leaving, Jill wanted a "birthday" picture, at the "picture bench." The sun was so bright, I couldn't even open my eyes. I should have kept my dark glasses on. Guess my eyes are much more sensitive than theirs.
It's hard for them to get away for very long, with the kids in school, Jill teaching and Tim busy on the diary. Good to see them when I can. When the weather is nicer, I'll be able to venture up there for a day or two.
I've been thinking about getting another cat, so Maggie won't get so lonesome by herself. I wonder how she would like that. She'd have to get used to it for sure. Right now she doesn't like other cats. Someone gave me a book, titled, "A Dickens of a Cat" and I learned that when a cat hisses, it's involuntary and it only means that the cat is afraid. I thought that meant the cat was aggressive. So, maybe I could give Maggie another chance at a playmate.

No comments: