Sunday, June 21, 2009

More Butterfly Bushes

This first picture is "Lo and Behold, Blue Chip."
It's a picture of just part of the plant.
It shouldn't get more than 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide.
I am so pleased with this plant.
The color is good. Lavender Blue?
But a nice shade.
It makes Ellen's Blue look pale in comparison. Ellen's Blue has not been photogenic, so sorry, no picture yet.





The second picture is of Nanho Purple. A nice dark color.
I have seen a pretty yellow Monarch Butterfly on the Butterfly Bushes, but so far have not seen any Humming Birds on them. They sure like the sugar water in their feeder though.
Last week, a medium size branch broke off of the nectarine tree and today a larger branch from the apricot tree. I know I haven't been thining them enough. Someone told me to leave 4 inches between the fruit. Well, I didn't want to be climbing up and down the ladder, so took a long handled rake and knocked some fruit off the trees. Darn! I need to do a better job of it.

No comments: