Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Old School

Remember this old Winton Grammar School? I just recently acquired a scan of this picture. I hadn't seen this one before, showing the entire west side of the building. Starting on the left, was the fifth grade, then sixth, seventh, then the office at the end by the bell tower. The eighth grade class was to the right of the bell tower, kind of around the corner.
I remember what a big deal it was to be in the fifth grade and move into that classroom next to the upper grades. The year that I was in the fifth grade, the new school was built (now the Sybil Nye Crookham School) and we all picked up our books and moved over there. It was mixed emotions for me. I loved the old school. The new one had better lighting and heating and the bathrooms were modern. But the old school had a lot of charm and I missed the old one.

No comments: