Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week in Review

I haven't been keeping my blog up lately. Not in the mood to write silly stuff, I guess.
Well, what did I do all week? Monday was an appointment with the reflexologist and we won't go back again for 6 weeks. I felt really good after my treatment. I'm doing so much better.
We went to browse The Greenery nursery again. I'm still looking for the red Coreopsis, but haven't found them yet. The orange flower above is a Daylily and the second picture is a Morning Glory vine.
Tuesday was the Winton Historical Society's meeting. That's always enjoyable, visiting with other people who are interested in the history of Winton. Grace turned in two recipes and will submit some Oriental ones, I'm hoping for some of her favorite Japanese recipes. We have a little over 200 recipes now, not quite at the half-way mark yet, but we're getting there.
I worked on the Winton newsletter. I have a 3 page story from someone that I would like to include, but there just isn't room for all of it. So, I am trying to figure out how to cut it down and still keep the story intact. If we published every month, I could get by with a "to be continued" but I don't think it would work with skipping a month.
Last Saturday, three of us looked through boxes and boxes of pictures at someone's house. I took quite a few home to scan. Only did a few so far. Got to get busy on that. A few of them will be in the next history book of Winton.
I got my electric lawn mower on Tuesday. It was on my doorstep when I got home late afternoon. It was heavier than I expected, but I managed to 'tumble' it into the wheelbarrow and put it on the patio. The grass really needs cutting, but it's been too wet. Had some rain the other night and the prediction is more today, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
I went to the grocery store and bought ingredients for the 3 recipes I want to try. Cost me a fortune! Well, almost. The spices are expensive. I was surprised to see how much more it costs to buy the coarse ground pepper. I guess the cheap, fine stuff is what they sweep up off the floor!
The Butterfly Bushes are blooming. It's surprising how fast they grow. I haven't seen any butterflies or humming birds on them yet, but my sister has butterflies all over hers.
A few weeks ago, after being gone a few hours, I was going to use the small bathroom. I was startled to see a large Blue Jay in there, trying to get out through the skylight. Maggie just sat there, so unconcerned. You'd think a cat would be excited to see a bird flying around in the house, so I knew she brought it in herself, through the cat doors while I wasn't home. The bird was really tired and thirsty, so I thought he's been in here a long time. I got the broom, thinking I could herd him out the patio door, but I couldn't reach the bird. Finally, I was able to get the screen off the little window in the bathroom and left the bird alone. Fifteen minutes later, the bird was gone. It took me a couple of days though, to get the screen back on the window. Oh, the joys of living with a cat!!

So, just a few minutes ago, Maggie brought me a gift. I left the patio door open and she comes in with a small sparrow in her mouth. She puts it down by me and it flies off, wanting back outside! It flew into the patio door, hit the glass and Maggie was right there to pick it up again. The bird got in the corner and I managed to pick it up and let it fly outside. Maggie meowed and bounded out the door to try to catch it again. I'm sure she's mad at me.
Well, that's the way it goes around here.
All in all, it's been a good week. Enjoying life as it comes.

No comments: