Sunday, December 13, 2009

Christmas Cards

Here it is, December 13th and I am just getting started with addressing Christmas cards. Why do I always procrastinate?
So, here I am, with my favorite Christmasy hot tea in my favorite Christmas mug that I bought at Gottschalks years ago. I didn't realize how long ago until just the other day when I turned it over and read that it was made in W. Germany. West Germany? That was SO long ago.
The mixed nuts and the candy cane are little bribes to keep me in my chair.
I like the Christmas season, but it can get over-done. They start playing the Christmas songs so early that it's easy to get tired of them before the day actually gets here.
Another thing; I wonder why some people think it's so terrible to be home alone on Christmas Day. Maybe they're afraid it will be depressing. Maybe it would be to some people, but not all of us feel that way.
I'm thinking about planning all my favorite treats and snuggle in my chair and watch some old musicals that Sandy and Dol gave me for Christmas. Yes, I already opened my presents. I wasn't going to, but Sandy said I should. So I did!!
I have about 6 movies to choose from. She also sent me a new cookbook, "The Pleasures of Cooking for One" by Judith Jones. Lots of ideas to read about.
Did I tell you I bought a couple of Alton Brown's books? He's the food guru on the Food Network. Cooking at home seems to be so popular now, I'm sure the economy had something to do with it. Guess there's always a silver lining in there somewhere, if you just look for it.

No comments: