Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dinner at Nagame's

Clark and Rosalie took me out to dinner at Nagame's tonight to celebrate my birthday later this week. This has always been a favorite restaurant for my family. John and I went there all the time for birthdays, anniversaries and just because. Mandy was just a little tyke when we first went there and she is now 30 years old. My, how the years go by.
I always order the same thing; Chicken Teriyaki and Shrimp Tempura. I don't like shrimp, but someone is always willing to eat the shrimp and leave me the vegetable tempura. So delicious. Of course it wouldn't be complete without a little hot Sake.
Here's a picture of Clark and Rosalie. You can see Clark has a fork on his plate. Oh, for shame. Where are your chopsticks?
Nagame is located at 2650 16th Street in Merced where the Cookery used to be. One lady on facebook said she didn't know the restaurant was still open!!! It's been open continuously for 25-30 years. An excellent place to go for delicious Japanese food. They are open for lunch Monday through Friday (maybe Saturday) and for dinner Tuesday night through Saturday. Closed on Sunday. Call Mary and make a reservation for dinner 384-1677.Clark told Rosalie to take a picture of me eating with my sticks. lol I wish I could take better pictures!!!!!! oh well, what can you do?
I enjoyed my night out. Thank you very much.

Here's a better picture of me, taken at the mobile home park Christmas dinner. Yes, most of us were wearing red. A very festive looking group it was.
I really don't like that other picture of me, but it does have me showing off that yes, I can eat with chopsticks! LOL
Sandy, Dol, Mandy and John always use chopsticks too. I don't remember if Jill does or not, but I think so. We enjoy our meals all the more when using chopsticks.

3 comments:

mandy said...

Grandma, what a great picture of you! I'm so glad we have such a special place to celebrate family milestones. :) Love you!

Lorraine said...

Thanks Mandy, but it's really an awful picture. Next time you come down, we'll have to have dinner at Nagame's for sure!!

Monica Roberts said...

Love the food at Nagame's ... used to eat there all the time when I still lived in Merced.