Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fruit Trees are Pruned

I had an honest-to-goodness orchard man prune my young fruit trees today. I was concerned that they get a good start and I got an expert to prune them for me.
When I told a couple of my friends that John Esau was going to prune my little fruit trees, their reaction was REALLY?? and REALLY!!
It was hard for them to believe that he would take the time to come prune my trees.
Well, here's a picture to prove it. John is standing by the "Fantasia" Nectarine tree. He said it was the best shaped tree that I have. Good! I love nectarines.
I took a couple of pictures of each tree before John got here. Tomorrow I'm going to take the "after" pictures.
Oh, and he said I could fertilize the fruit trees now, no need to wait. So, all you homeowners with a few fruit trees growing in your yard, you don't have to wait until spring to fertilize them.

No comments: