Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January already

Here it is the first part of January. The Camellias are full of buds with two flowers in full bloom. I'm glad the former owners planted them. There's about 6 plants, so I can enjoy them with little effort on my part.
I did finally get out and water the yard. I was especially worried about the new fruit trees. The sandy soil dries out pretty fast. So, I gave them all a drink today. I would have done this sooner, but have been down with a cold and sore throat since the 22nd of December. Finally getting over that. So many people came down with the same thing.
Yesterday we had our Winton Historical Society meeting. Rosalie gave me a 1987 newspaper article that she got from the Dusins that I am including in the newsletter. I think I have enough to fill the pages now, so just have to work on putting it together.

I didn't make any New Year's resolutions this year. I usually think about at least making a list of possibilities, but this year is different.
This Sunday, I'm going to become a member of the Atwater Methodist Church and that will be my influence for good.
For a couple of years when having lunch at the Jantz Cafe, I would look across the street at the Methodist Church and think that someday that is the church I will attend.
What finally gave me the push was I purchased a two-piece dress and then thought where am I going to wear this? I said, "I am forcing myself into going to church."
So, just to be sure of which one I really wanted to attend, I started visiting a couple of churches, the Methodist being one of them. Then I found out an old friend was also searching for a church home, so together we visited several others.
I thought she was going to prefer a different one, but I think we surprised each other to discover that we both liked the Atwater Methodist Church the best. So, there we are.
Every Sunday, we get to hear/sing the old hymns played on the organ and piano. No drums or guitars there. Just the way I like it. And the pastor is a history buff, so he gives a broad background to the Bible stories and lessons. Makes it more interesting that way. And gives us something to think about.
So, if you're looking for a church home, check out the Atwater Methodist Church on Linden Street. Like the commercials on TV say, "You'll be glad you did."

2 comments:

aisha said...

Excellent blog& presentation. Keep writing more and more. I voted for your blog and suggested your blog to my friends also.
Pontiac Montana AC Compressor

Lorraine said...

Thank you very much. Your comments really surprise me. I appreciate it.
Lorraine