Friday, January 13, 2012

Lunch at Hibachi Grill

Today my sisters took me out to lunch at the Hibachi Grill Buffet in Merced. They loaded up their plates from the buffet tables and I did too with the first go-around, but after I ate all that, I ventured over to the grill and had this young man quickly cook up some beef with Teriyaki sauce.
I tried several times to take a picture through the glass, but that didn't work at all, so had to bend down low and take the picture under the glass. That's why it's at that angle.
Some of the food I took from the buffet tables was quite spicy. You couldn't tell by looking which ones were spicy hot and not everything had a name tag. It was all good though. I was glad for the garlic bread to kind of tone it down a bit. The Teriyaki of course was not spicy.
For dessert I had this young man make a strawberry crepe for me with whipped cream inside. I shared it with my sisters who got their desserts from the buffet tables. They weren't very adventuresome!
I think next month we'll go to Turlock for lunch and then browse the huge used book store and some antique shops. How much browsing we do will depend on our energy level.
Elsie took us there quite some time ago. We enjoyed the antique shops and want to go again.
We had a good time today. I always enjoy lunch with my sisters.

No comments: