Friday, May 4, 2012

It Is What It Is

After that hail storm last month, I was left with one lone cherry on Stella. Couldn't find any on Bing or Rainier. Bing was in bloom earlier than the other two cherry trees. I think the blooms on the other cherry trees were too late to polinate Bing. It was the same thing in Merced; Bing was in bloom before Stella, but it had so many flowers that a lot of the blossoms were pollinized anyway. Stella is self-fruitful. Sure hope I get more cherries next year!!
Here is a picture of 3 of the little peaches on SunCrest. There are only two nectarines on Fantasia a couple of peaches on FlavorCrest and nothing on the apricot tree. The trees are very young. They've been in the ground about 16 months. Can't expect much out of them so soon.
I planted the cherry tomato in the milk can that I inherited when I moved here. The hail cut it down to half its' size but it's back up there again and doing good.
I have a lot of projects going on right now. Worked on the newsletter for the Winton Historical Society today. I need personal stories from local people, or those who used to live in Winton. Stories are hard to come by.
Also need to work on genealogy. Some cousins have sent in their updated information which I need to add to my file. I'm glad they wanted to do this. It's interesting to see how many children, grandchildren they have.
My biggest project though is getting the spare bedroom sorted out before my daughter gets here the first week in June. Sure don't know what I am going to do with a lot of that stuff. Hard to make those decisions.
Last of all I still have lots of weeding to do. Sounds like I have some busy days ahead.

No comments: