Saturday, May 26, 2012

Butterfly Bushes

This is one of 6 Butterfly Bushes I planted since I moved here in July 2010. Two are planted around the shed and 4 are in the front yard. Two are still quite small.
I forgot the name of the one pictured. I have it written down somewhere. Just saw it the other day.
The Butterfly Bush by the driveway is Adonis Blue. One of my favorites. I had that one in Merced and when I couldn't find it again locally, I ordered it and it was so tiny when I got it in the mail, but it's about 4 feet now. Another one I had in Merced was "Strawberry Lemonade," with varigated leaves and pink flowers. I wish I had dug it up before putting my house on the market. Haven't been able to find it again. I was able to find a petite Black Knight. It has one flower on it now. They are supposed to bloom all summer and fall.
This next flower is from "Annie's Annuals & Perennials" that I purchased at The Greenery in Turlock. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be an annual or perennial here in Atwater. We had some very cold weather last winter and I don't think it completely disappeared, but it also said it re-seeds itself. Which it has, I started with one plant and now have a few little ones besides the main one.
Oh, the name of the plant is Catananche Caenulea or Cupid's Dart.
The flowers are small.
Blogger has made some changes recently. What I miss the most is the spell-check tool. Why did they take that away?
And when I upload a photo, it doesn't always appear. After finding the picture I want to post, there are two buttons to click on, either "cancel" or ____. The other one is blank and that's the one I need to click. Something's not working right.

No comments: