Sunday, May 6, 2012

Iris Garden

Today Pat drove 3 of us up to Cathey's Valley to the Superstition Iris Garden. In the picture is Pat, Carole and Cecelia. We left right after church, stopped at Carrows in Merced for lunch.
Then it was off to the Iris garden. I was looking for Black Magic Woman that I saw in 2008, but it was $50.00 then and so didn't buy it. Today it was down to $9.00, so I bought two, one for my daughter, Sandy.
I took pictures of 11 different Iris flowers and after I uploaded the photos, I couldn't believe I didn't take a picture of Black Magic Woman. You'll have to click on the link above to see what it looks like.
I took a picture of the others I bought, this one is "Class Ring" so beautiful. It was a bit pricey and was trying to decide whether to pay $19.00 for 1 Iris plant or not. Then Pat suggested that she and Carole share the cost of it. I get to plant it and next year will give them each a start of it. Very generous of them. So, if something happens to that Iris plant, I owe them some money. LOL. I really love this flower. I don't have anything like it at all.
This next one is Absolute Treasure. It's a very pretty light blue. I call it cornflower blue. It's kind of similar in color to my Angels in Flight, but I think this one is a little prettier.
This one is Spiced Tiger, so different from any that I have. There were so many pretty Irises. Some were as little as three dollars each.
We had a wonderful time, the weather was perfect. Only thing is I kick myself for not buying "Iconic" pictured below. I was looking for a good red one and this is the best red one I've seen. I got confused though after looking at them all and then couldn't remember what was the name of that red one. Checking the list, I see it is $18.00, so I guess it can wait until next year.
Thank you Pat, for a very enjoyable day!!!

No comments: