Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Eye Exam

Pictured is my red Penstemon. Actually red with a little white inside the flower. A Perennial.

I had an appointment with my ophthalmologist yesterday to check on the cataract in my right eye. First he asked me about double vision. I used to have that really bad, but I don’t see double anymore. The only problem I have now is trying to look down through my bifocals to read and then I have a habit of closing one eye. My right eye is still up too high and so looking down through the bifocals creates the double vision. If I use my reading glasses, then it’s o.k.
The cataract is about the same as it was 6 months ago. My eye sight is at 20/50. Eighteen months ago it was 20/70 and my ophthalmologist was ready to remove the cataract. But since then it has improved so much that no action is needed at this time.
I give Miguel, my reflexologist in Turlock the credit for the improvement. Every time I have a treatment he works on the area on my feet for my eyes. One time I complained that I wanted to keep my eyes closed all the time even though I wasn’t sleepy. He discovered I had a lot of pressure behind my eyes and he worked it out on the corresponding areas on my feet.
It was instant relief.
My ophthalmologist said it is surprising that I can see as good as I can, considering. I’m happy my cataract isn’t getting any worse. I have to go back in 6 months.
The one lonely cherry is ripe. Yay. This is the Stella cherry tree that is self-fruitful. I'm hoping for more cherries next year.

2 comments:

Thaddeus Harrod said...

I’m amazed how you can still write a blog with your condition. But I guess your passion for writing outweighs your eye-condition. How are your eyes, nowadays? Did you have your surgery already? Having cataract can be hard for most people. Simple things such as reading and typing in front of the PC can be a task. It is good that you are seeking alternative ways to make your eye situation better. But, I would still suggest that you go on a cataract removal surgery. The surgery can give you a more permanent solution, and you can proceed with your daily activities with a better eye sight.

Lorraine said...

I see my Ophthalmologist every 6 months. He's keeping a close watch on my eye. If the cataract was bad enough to be removed, he would say so. So far it has improved so much that no action is needed.
I have a reflexology treatment once a month for other reasons. I feel better, keeps the blood flowing, etc. I highly recommend Migul Gallegos in Turlock, CA. He has the touch.