Sunday, April 13, 2008

Maggie

Maggie came to live with me last July. I got her from the Merced County Animal Shelter. I was looking for a Tabby cat and she kind of chose me, because when I put my hand in her cage, she licked my hand. I decided I couldn't leave her behind because who knows what fate was in store for this lovable cat? When we got home, Maggie showed me how grateful she was by jumping in my lap and then leaping up to my face and giving me a hug. She kept doing this over and over. I thought she was going to break my nose a couple of times.
Maggie was kind of on the skinny side, but now is a whopping 11 lbs. I've had bigger cats (Taffy Girl was 14 lbs.) but Maggie is just the right size.
She is very possessive and doesn't want to share me. I tried to adopt another cat, but Maggie would not accept him. She doesn't like other cats, only people. Maggie loves to play, I bought her a lot of cat toys and we had lots of fun with them at first, but I guess she tired of them. Now her favorite toy is the small plastic ring that I twist off the milk container. She plays hockey with it and has invented many games. And it's Free!
To learn how to adopt a pet from the Merced County Animal Control center, see their website at: http://www.co.merced.ca.us/animalcontrol/index.html

No comments: