Friday, April 25, 2008

Merced Postcards

I have a collection of old Merced postcards. One of my favorites is this old scene on Canal Street.

Most of my postcards were purchased through eBay. Some of the auctions were quite exciting, since usually good Merced cards were few and far between and the bidding competition was cut-throat at times. Several times I got so upset because in the final seconds, someone would out-bid me.
A few years ago, while watching my bidding, we were having a new TV delivered. The man setting it up was talking with my husband and I was getting excited about the old postcard of the Merced Jail. I was winning and was counting down the seconds, hoping my competition wouldn't come in at the last minute and outbid me. Well, I was shocked to learn that my competition was in my living room installing our TV. I right away told him I wasn't going to let him on the Internet!!
Well, I wasn't too mean, later I made a CD for him of the Merced postcards that I had.
To see more of my postcards on flickr, click here.

No comments: