Saturday, April 5, 2008

Iris Plants

This is "Anything Goes" an Iris plant purchased last summer from Nicholson's Iris Gardens in Modesto. They have a webpage at http://www.iris-garden.com/ I'm anxious to see the other "new" Iris flowers. Spring is always an exciting time for me, especially when I have new flowers to enjoy. I have added this photo to my "Iris Flowers" set at flickr. Other new ones to be posted at flickr as soon as the flowers open. One of my favorites from prior years is "Royal Crusader." "Twist of Fate" is another and "Centre Court." I have a lot of favorites! I really miss the "Enchanted April Iris Gardens" that used to be in Merced. He had beautiful Irises and so close to home. Now I think the closest is Modesto or Cathey's Valley. Well, I just looked it up, Superstition Iris Gardens in Cathey's Valley is closer, less than 24 miles from home. They are located at 2536 Old Hwy, 2.5 miles off of 140 Hwy. Here is their website.


No comments: