Friday, October 24, 2008

My Maggie

The other day when I needed to leave the house, Maggie the cat wanted outside. She knew I was going to leave and didn't want me to go. First she let me know she wanted out the patio door, then the front door, but I didn't let her out. So when I left through the garage door. There she was at the cat door, watching me leave with her big sad eyes. Why did I let that make me feel guilty? Probably because I know she doesn't understand. How can you tell a cat you're going to be back soon? Especially when you were gone for 3 weeks recently.
Yesterday I had a relapse with my lower back pain and it really hurt. It took me 30 minutes to climb in bed. Maggie was sympathetic and licked my hand. So, I don't really know how much she understands.
I went back to the chiropractor today for a treatment. No lifting and no garden work for a while. Oh well, at least I'm not back to square one. I wanted to do a little more work in the yard, but I guess that will have to wait.

No comments: