Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fall Planting

I still have a few spots in the backyard that will get good sun exposure, so how can I resist buying more Perennials or Shrubs? Today after my Reflexology treatment in Turlock, I visited The Greenery on Olive Avenue. You can find unusual plants there, not found in the local stores in Merced. So, here is what I bought today:
Picture #1 is Pink Cloud Gaura, blooms late spring through fall, grows to 2-3 feet tall and as wide.

Picture #2 is Salvia greggii, Autumn Sage "Lipstick" grows to 2-3 feet high and wide with hot pink flowers. The Sunset Western Garden book says it is evergreen or deciduous shrub, I guess depending on how cold the winter gets.

Picture #3 is Agastache Barberi "Tutti Fruitti" a Perennial that grows to 30 inches high and 2 feet wide with tubular reddish purple flowers. I did a Google search on this plant and learned that the humming birds go crazy over it, so it was a good choice. I also bought another Butterfly Bush. This one has variegated leaves and is named, "Strawberry Lemonade." It has bright pink flower spikes. The tag says it's Deciduous. So, that's what I bought today. I hope to get them planted soon, along with the rest of the Ranunculus corms. This coming Spring will be very exciting!!

No comments: