Thursday, November 20, 2008

Last Rose of Summer?

The Roses are still blooming. I haven't been cutting off the dead blooms because I thought it was time to let them "harden off." Our weather has been unseasonably warm, so they are still blooming. Here is a picture of "The Impostor" a Floribunda that will get about 3 feet tall and as wide. It was named "The Impostor" because it kind of looks like a Camellia.
The Butterfly Bushes seem to be through blooming. A friend wondered what the flowers look like, so here is a picture of "Ellen's Blue." The flowers kind of resemble a lilac flower. I found most of the Butterfly Bushes at Home Depot here in Merced. I thought I'd bought one of each color: "Black Knight"; "Pink Delight"; "Royal Red" and "Ellen's Blue" all came from Home Depot. "Adonis Blue" and "Strawberry Lemonade" came from The Greenery. I missed one at Home Depot, "Nanho Blue" not sure where I would plant another one. They do like the sun. I sure hope the Humming Birds appreciate my efforts to keep them happy in my back yard. I keep hoping they will make a nest on the patio, so I can watch them up close. My friend was lucky enough to have Humming Birds on her patio come back year after year until her husband had to move the electrical cord they made their nest on.
Maybe next year they will find a good spot on my patio.

No comments: