Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Moving Right Along . . .

Hooray! The Presidential election is over. My man didn't win, but I guess I'm over it. Now I just hope the new president won't be able to keep all his promises, like spread the wealth around. I think that would be a mistake. People would have no incentive to work hard then to build up their business. Well, this is not a political blog, so that's all I'm going to say.
Pictured is another Iris plant I purchased this year from Superstition Iris Gardens in Cathy's Valley. This picture of "Splashacata" was taken in early May in their field. Can't wait to see them all bloom in my backyard.
Today I had another chiropractic treatment with Dr. Reed. I won't have another one for 2 weeks, but he wants me to come in 3 times a week to exercise. Next time I get to start on another machine, the elliptical, so I'm excited about that. Eventually I will go once a month for a treatment. The exercises will strengthen my muscles and that should keep my neck and back in place.
I'm enjoying the fall weather, haven't turned on the heat yet, but it's almost time for that. It does mean a change in diet. Out with the soda pop and stock up on milk. It's time for oatmeal in the morning, not just toast.
I still don't have my computer completely set up yet. No sound. Everytime I have to reconnect the computer, I get something wrong and there is no sound! Grrr. I lost thousands of songs I had on my C Drive. Most of them came from my CDs, like the Time-Life "Your Hit Parade" series from the 1940s and 50s, Big Band music and the really OLD Country/Westerns, also from the 40s. A few that I lost came from downloads, like T Texas Tyler singing "Remember Me." I might have it on a CD somewhere if I look hard enough. It takes a lot of time to upload them all.
The other day in a weak moment, I called the 800 number and ordered Time-Life's "Oldies But Goodies." They are the early Rock 'N Roll songs from the 1950s. Guess I am finally moving along, music wise.

No comments: