Friday, November 7, 2008

Harvest Time . . . Again

This time of year, harvest time in my backyard means the Oriental (Fuyu)Persimmons are ripe. They don't all ripen at the same time, so that's good. I just pick a few each day until they are all ripe and then give some away. They only fruit on the old wood, so the new growth up high, which is cut back every year, never has fruit only on the lower branches. Earlier this year I pruned some of the heavy low branches because I was afraid they were going to break off. Had to throw away a lot of green Persimmons though.
The Pomegranates and the Satsuma Mandarins are also ripe. The Mandarins seem to be quite small this year, but the Pomegranates are huge as shown in the picture. Three Mandarins are on the left with one lone Persimmon on the right. I also have a "Honey" Mandarin which ripens in February or March. It has more seeds than Satsuma. The Pomegranate tree is still small, so only got about 15 Pomegrantes. I'm not sure what I am going to do with them. I see they are $2. each in the grocery store.
Music: I did find "Remember Me" by T. Texas Tyler on a CD that I made of some favorite songs. I'll have to upload the new collection of "Oldies But Goodies" and make CDs of my favorites, since I don't especially like all of them.
But first I have to figure out why I don't have any sound on this computer!!

No comments: